- Please do not eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Do not take any aspirin products not prescribed by your physician, for at least seven days prior to surgery. If you do not know if a product has aspirin in it, please consult with your doctor or pharmacist.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. An adult must remain with the patient at home following surgery for the remaining of the day.
- All patients under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by their legal guardian.
- Patients should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Refrain from smoking or chewing gum for six hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Please refrain from wearing lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Please remove any facial or oral piercing prior to surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, productive cough, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office immediately.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with your treating doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions.
The above instructions are for the safety of the patient. If they are not adhered to, the appointment may have to be rescheduled.